>This new internet-draft is another request for additions to the RFC 6761
>special names registry, this time motivated by an
>interest in reserving the names most commonly found in recent analysis of TLDs
>in private name spaces.

Several of these names including MAIL, HOME, CORP, and EXCHANGE have
active applications in the ICANN new gTLD round.  Some have such
egregious collisions with existing practice that the applications seem
to be dead, but others such as EXCHANGE aren't.

What, if anything, is the plan for dealing the predictable complaints
from applicants who (not totally unreasonably) would feel that the
rug's been yanked out from under them?

R's,
John

PS: I have some minor technical comments, similar to other people's,
but nothing that's hard to fix if we want to move this ahead.