On Feb 3, 2014, at 8:21 PM, Andrew Sullivan <a...@anvilwalrusden.com> wrote:
>    If you want to use a name in DNS protocol slots, then you need a DNS
>    name.  You didn't get a DNS name, and instead you used a label
>    that wasn't under your control.

This is the "you didn't follow process" argument.   But they couldn't have
followed process—there was no realistic process for allocating a special-use
TLD before 6761 was published.   So this amounts to an emotional appeal, which
isn't much of a justification for the change you are demanding of them.

I absolutely get why you are saying this.   It's a pretty good emotional
appeal.   But we shouldn't act on it, because that's all it is.   We have a
process, and they are following it.   We should see it through.