On Feb 3, 2014, at 6:27 PM, George Michaelson <g...@algebras.org> wrote:
> .onion is an eminently tractable problem. Arguing otherwise is to argue the
> current .onion codebase dependency cannot move, therefore any future CVE
> against TOR cannot be fixed, therefore further code development on TOR is
> fruitless, therefore lets all stop coding. Breathing even.\

What I'm saying is that it's an obnoxious thing to do, and there's no good
reason to do it.   We really ought to have a good reason to demand that an
organization over which we exert no control at all make a significant and
incompatible change to their deployed code purely on the basis that some of us
don't like what they did.   We need a better reason than that, and thus far
none has been stated.