On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 6:28 AM, Florian Weimer <f...@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:

> * Phillip Hallam-Baker:
>
> > For a heavily trafficked resolver, the resolver-authoritative
> > interaction can be addressed with caching and by pre-fetching the
> > bulk of the requests.  But this approach does not work so well for
> > the lightly trafficked resolver and especially not a local resolver
> > deployed in a home network.
>
> Does encryption really make a difference there?  In most
> jurisdictions, home networks use recursive resolvers whose operators
> are required by law to provide cleartext copies to local authorities.
> Encryption won't change that.

The protocol is premised on the user or administrator choosing their own
resolver.

If the resolver service is provisioned by a jurisdiction outside the scope
of the legal requirements that you claim, it is null and void.

But first, cite actual legal authority because I don't believe your
interpretation of the law is remotely correct.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/