At Mon, 14 Apr 2014 15:10:56 +0200,
Matthijs Mekking <matth...@nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:

> > C: The child MAY remove the CDS/CDNSKEY RR from the zone once the
> > parent has published it, and this is how to do that safely.
> >
> > So I'm ok if they stay in, but we need a way to get them out for the
> > ones that need that.
>
> I actually am for C too, mainly because the parental agent has to deal
> with this scenario anyway. As long as this is not the default scenario,
> it is fine with me. Hence MAY sounds reasonable to me.
>
> The rules can be:
>
> Wait until the new CDS and/or CDNSKEY RRsets have propagated to all the
> child name servers. Then, for each parent name server, query the DS
> RRset and make sure it is in sync with the CDS and/or CDNSKEY RRset.
> Only then it is safe to remove the CDS and/or CDNSKEY RRsets again.

I'm fine with option C (but not "RR", but "RRset"), too, but probably
more important, I'd like the draft to explain why one might want to
remove the CDS/CDNSKEY RRsets.  Warren's explanation makes sense to
me:

At Fri, 11 Apr 2014 18:11:39 -0400,
Warren Kumari <war...@kumari.net> wrote:

> > This (IMO) makes the doc and the child's life simpler, but potentially
> > makes a bit more work for the parent -- currently most of the
> > time the parent will see no CDS, and so will go back to sleep. If the
> > child leaves them around, the parent will need to check them against
> > what is currently published and take action if they differ.

(except the "and take action if they differ" part; we can't avoid this
overhead by removing the CDS/CDNSKEY RRsets when there is no change)
but the rationale is not obvious, at least to me.

--
JINMEI, Tatuya