In message <fekfdkyxljtjbbkmdqnubalwwxbg.zhanghai...@cnnic.cn>, "=?gb2312?B?1cW
6o8Cr?=" writes:
> The TCP is an optional protocal for DNS query at the auth name server side, a
> nd is not mandatory,
> so not every DNS service will support TCP.
> so I think we should provide a method to get rid of it by UDP protocal.
>
> thanks for your feedback.
>
> haikuo

TCP has never been optional.  Optional is MAY.  TCP was part of the
base spec. RFC 103[45].  RFC 1123 said SHOULD. i.e. you need to
have a very good reason to not implement it.  TCP has since been
made a MUST RFC 5966.  As for DNSSEC you would be insane to disable
TCP if you are serving a signed zone.

Mark

Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: ma...@isc.org