On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 05:33:10PM -0000, John Levine wrote:
> This turns out to be a Well Known Bad Idea (WKBI).
>
> Most PTR checks look up the name to be sure there's a matching forward
> (AAAA in this case) record, and ignore them if there isn't.

I see.  Too bad.  Is it any more feasible to adjust expectations for v6 in
this respect than it was when we were talking about not providing PTR for
v6 in the first place?

For whatever it's worth I've been running with a wildcard PTR for my
hurricane-tunnel v6 network at home for more than four years.  It's only a
dozen or so addresses, but I haven't hit any obvious problems.

--
Evan Hunt -- e...@isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.