On 29 Apr 2015, at 21:36, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoff...@vpnc.org> wrote:
> On Apr 29, 2015, at 1:26 PM, Jaap Akkerhuis <j...@nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Paul Hoffman writes:
>>
>>> "Country" is a term of art in politics. There are definitions that most
>>> people agree to, at least when it suits them.
>>
>> RFC 1591 purposely does not define what a country is.  ISO 3166-1
>> contains a definition what constitutes a country.
>
> Exactly. Note that even though 1591 doesn't define "country", Jon used
> "country TLDs" and "country domains" and "country code" throughout.
>
> --Paul Hoffman

To which I reply:
 Yup, but at the point RFC1951 came out no-one .ps was still to be approved.

This is a rat-hole, but I'd be more comfortable if it said "country/territory".
[also, .je, .im, and so on]
Oddly enough, the Wiki page for ccTLDs looks OK-ish at first blush, to these
reumy eyes at least.

IMHO, [though NOT for all those cute videos] Sponsored TLDs are worth putting
in if you're going to put in gTLD and ccTLD.

all the best,
 Lawrence