On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 09:50:09PM -0400, Warren Kumari wrote:
> Less flippantly, it is in this email:
> https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dnsop/current/msg13004.html  I
> don't think that we have a really good motivation for a week, other
> than that is feels sort of like a good, human scale timeframe to
> recheck on things. We really want there to be a limit on the lifetime,
> a week felt right...

Yep, that's pretty much it, right there.  A day isn't enough (we had
feedback from customers to this effect) but anything longer than a week
strikes me as much too likely to fall off operators' radar.  Though the
limit is arbitrary, I do believe that we need to assert *some* limit,
on this approximate time scale.

> but, I still like "because Evan said so..."

Yes let's definitely document it that way. "... MUST NOT exceed a week,
due to the whimsical and capricious nature of Evan.  Pray he does not
alter the deal any further."

--
Evan Hunt -- e...@isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.