On 7/9/15, 11:56 AM, "Evan Hunt" <e...@isc.org> wrote:
>Valid point. When the NTA for a name expires, the cached data at and
>below that name can also be discarded, so TTLs aren't a major concern
>when the cache and the validator are coresident,

Yeah, in my experience when we remove a NTA we do a cache flush for that
zone at the same time. But it is all highly variable based on the
situation. I think mandating a max time for a NTA gives us the illusion of
control when the reality is that some judgement tends to be required in
this and many other operational matters. Such is life. ;-)

- Jason