On 9 Nov 2015, at 8:55, Tony Finch wrote:

Paul Hoffman <paul.hoff...@vpnc.org> wrote:
On 9 Nov 2015, at 5:02, Tony Finch wrote:

The rationale for this document is still completely wrong. It does not provide any reduction in latency compared to the existing DNS protocol.

Is that really true? That is, I assume that you mean the latency with this proposal is due to the recursive still having to go fetch all the pieces.

No, I mean stub/recursive latency.

OK, but...

However, if the recursive already has some or all of the answers in its cache, this proposal reduces the latency compared to the stub asking for each piece.

No, as I have explained at least twice before.

With the current DNS protocol, a stub resolver can get all the records it
needs to validate a response in 1RTT, by sending multiple concurrent
queries for all the possible delegation points in the QNAME.

I'm confused. How does the stub know all of those ahead of time?

--Paul Hoffman