Evan Hunt <e...@isc.org> wrote:

> Choose an arbitrary (preferably determinate) rrset to return, and
> include its covering signature if it exists and DO=1 so the response can
> validate.

Right.

My code currently just picks the first RRtype it gets from the backend
data store (or the type covered if the first RRtype is a signature type).
This is stable on a single server but different servers can return the
data in a different order.

Doing anything more determinate would require an extra loop over the data
to choose, before the loop that builds the response. (Actually I can
probably avoid two loops if I'm clever.) I didn't think I cared enough to
do that. However some answers from my zones (e.g. DNSKEY) are bigger than
512 bytes and so can cause truncation and TCP, so maybe I do care after
all.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
Sole, Lundy, Fastnet: West gale 8 to storm 10, decreasing 6 to gale 8,