On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 2:16 PM, Tony Finch <d...@dotat.at> wrote:

> Another question:
>
> In order to minimize responses even further, I have made my code omit or
> include signature records depending on whether DO=0 or DO=1. That is, and
> ANY query with DO=0 gets one arbitrary unsigned RRset in response, and an
> ANY query with DO=1 gets one arbitrary signed RRset.
>
> Is this sensible, and if do should it be suggested by the draft?

Tony: the draft says right now:

A DNS responder which receives an ANY query MAY decline to provide a
   conventional response, and MAY instead send a response with a single
   RRSet in the answer section.

   The RRSet returned in the answer section of the response MAY be a
   single RRSet owned by the name specified in the QNAME.  Where
   multiple RRSets exist, the responder MAY choose a small one to reduce

   its amplification potential.

Is that not sufficient ?

Olafur