On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 12:06:42AM -0400, Rob Austein wrote:

> off, so we never did implement this in JEEVES or CHIVES.  Symbolics
> may have gotten as far as using CH A RRs as one of the many inputs to
> their Namespace system, but that was pretty late in their corporate
> life cycle, so I doubt many users ever saw it in the wild.

[…]

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 08:03:44AM -0400, Rob Austein wrote:

> other universities did pick up Hesiod, but I'd be astonished if there
> were any surviving instances today.

These considerations, however, both again make me think it'd be ok to
deprecate classes formally and close the registry.

Does anyone want to argue _against_ that direction?  Otherwise, the
next version of the draft will propose that.  (It's a much bigger
change, I think, and probably requires this WG to process the draft,
which is part of the reason I didn't try that before.)

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
a...@anvilwalrusden.com