Adrien,

> I think we still need to answer the question about whether DNS namespace
> should be polluted for non-DNS resolution.

I believe your question is wrong.

The "DNS namespace" can't be polluted for non-DNS resolution because the DNS
namespace is, by definition, only comprised of names that can be resolved via
the DNS.  The "Internet namespace" is larger than that.  Even before RFC 6761,
there were names that should never hit the DNS, specified in RFCs 2606 and
1918. RFC 7686 added "onion". A number of folks want to add more.

In my view, the real question here is what is the distinguishing
characteristic(s) and processes by which an "Internet name" is categorized as a
"DNS name" (which, at least at the top level, presumably falls under ICANN
community-defined policies) and those fall under a different categorization.

Regards,
-drc
(speaking only for myself)