From: Olafur Gudmundsson [o...@ogud.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:36 PM
To: Jacques Latour
Cc: Tim Wicinski; dnsop; Olafur Gudmundsson
Subject: Re: [DNSOP] Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-dnsop-maintain-ds

On Apr 7, 2016, at 11:40 AM, Jacques Latour
<jacques.lat...@cira.ca<mailto:jacques.lat...@cira.ca>> wrote:

Read it, like it, and

>3.1 ... The parent retrieves the CDS and inserts the corresponding DS RRset as
>requested,

I think the parent can accept the CDS and insert the DS RRset as requested or
as per Parent policy.

Meaning the Parent could take the signed child DNSKEY and create DS RRset based
on parent policy and not being forced to accept the CDS algorithm &  Digest
type.

Maybe,  the CDS record allows one to refer to a non published key i.e. one that
is not in the DNSKEY RRset.
Thus the CDS is “more” flexible than the DNSKEY as one can publish future KSK
w/o placing one in the DNSKEY set (for size reasons)

Olafur