In your letter dated Fri, 29 Apr 2016 14:26:27 +0200 you wrote:
>I see two simple solutions for that. You mention one (ip6.arpa DNS
>delegation), since, as you said, people who want to manage a mail
>server probably can manage a DNS zone.
>
>There is another one, apparently not mentioned by the draft but widely
>used in the VPS / dedicated server world: give the users a Web
>interface / API so they can add PTR themselves. After all, unlike what
>the current draft seems to imply, there is zero need to give a PTR to
>every thermostat or refrigerator in the house. You need PTR for a few
>machines only, such as the mail server. This can be delegated to the
>user.

Indeed. This second option is what my ISP is planning to do. Except that
they don't actually care about customers who need reverse DNS now.

But yes, manually adding a PTR is also a very good solution. Especially,
because it will be very hard for malware to automate that. Making it
hard for malware to send mail from a system with reverse DNS.