On 6 May 2016, at 12:14, Adrien de Croy wrote:

The original text makes a claim about security and privacy around TLS. This is not true in the real world, and is becoming less true with every MitM deployed.

It is as true now as it has ever been. Saying that TLS is not secure because there are environments where users can be tricked into lower security is silly in that that same statement is true of every security protocol.

If you want to propose a document to the IETF that says "TLS (and all other security protocols) should not be considered secure because users can be tricked", do so in SAAG.* It's not appropriate for a foo-over-TLS protocol document.

--Paul

* I doubt that such a document will be well received, but I have been wrong about these types of predictions often.