> From: 神明達哉 <jin...@wide.ad.jp>
>> > - Abstract: I suggest revising this on this point (see above):

>> >    attacks (referred to as "Water Torture" attacks).
>> >
>> >   by either simply removing it or clarifying that it's mitigation for
>> >   authoritative servers.
>>
>> I would like to remain all benefits in the abstract.

I discussed with co-author.

I will rewrite "performance improvement for recursive servers" as a
purpose of the draft, and "possible countermeasure of some attacks" as
side effect.

>> > - Section 4.5
>> >
>> >    Even if a wildcard is cached, it is necessary to send a query to an
>> >    authoritative server to ensure that the name in question doesn't
>> >    exist as long as the name is not in the negative cache.
>>
>> The sentence shows current specifications (Section 4.5 of RFC 4035 and
>> previous RFCs).
>
> Ah, so you actually referred to bullet #1 of RFC 4035 Section 4.5.  I
> see that, but in that case I'd suggest you refer to the RFC explicitly
> here, and clarify that this is a "deduced" wildcard.

OK, I will refer the section.

>> >    When aggressive use is enabled, regardless of description of
>> >    Section 4.5 of [RFC4035], it is possible to send a positive response
>> >    immediately when the name in question matches a NSEC/NSEC3 RRs in the
>> >    negative cache.
>> >
>> >   I don't understand the second paragraph.  I also don't understand
>> >   how the first paragraph is related to the second.  I'm not sure if
>> >   it's only me, but I'd like to see more explanation here.
>>
>> The second sentence shows the aggressive use of ... changed the first
>> paragraph.
>
> I still don't get it here.  Can you perhaps show a specific example of
> "send a positive response immediately when the name in question
> matches a NSEC/NSEC3 RRs in the negative cache."?  Especially about
> how "a positive response" is derived from negative cache information?

I will update the part to be expressed well.

If nonexistence of a domain name is proved and there is a matching
wildcard for the domain name, then the domain name matches the wildcard.

the current draft may be lack of a description.

Regards,

--
Kazunori Fujiwara, JPRS <fujiw...@jprs.co.jp>