i look at much of the current work product and it reminds me of the term
"guilding the lily"...
my view of the DNS landscape is a series of concentric circles,  the center
is DNS protocol fundamentals, the namespace and wire formats.  outside that
are things like namespace representation, which has, for decades, carried
the problem of GIGO and was nearly always considered outside the scope of
the DNS itself.  DNSSEC additions added some things to core features (new
RR types & wire formats), but also spent huge amounts of time on both
channel integrity (TSIG/SIG(0)) and ensuring that GIGO was minimized for
DNSSEC data.  This is still in the remit of namespace representation.  In a
layer even further outside the DNS itself, there are tools to provide
assurance, before the data enters the namespace, that the data is "good".
This is clearly in the remit of massaging the data before its placed in the
namespace representation, so that the DNS can move it about in the
appropriate wire formats.

TL:DR - This is not DNS terminology per se, its Data Integrity tools
terminology as applied to data which is intended to be used inside the DNS.
  And yeah, somebody should write down the perfect chocolate chip cookie
recipe.  Cause there can be only one perfect way to do this.

/Wm