On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 11:50:02AM +0200, ac wrote:
> > So please realise this is something that people need. Best that they
> > do it in a standardized fashion.
> >

> people also need tools to send out bulk emails. maybe bots. should we
> start RFC's for that?

We did in fact. All those things work with standards we wrote.

> it is about so much more and you may need to look deeper into what this
> all means and may mean in the future.

Maybe the internet was a mistake then. But I don't think we'll convince you.

Huge segments of the internet do think this is a good idea. And like other
standards, this could be used for bad purposes. But that doesn't mean we
shouldn't do it.

So I'm afraid we won't make you happy if your bar is 'any standard that
could be used for bad things shouldn't happen'.

Cheers.

        Bert