On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 11:40:26AM +0100, Matthäus Wander wrote:
> Do you mean clarifying as in "how it always was meant to be but stated
> in unclear words" or as in "change to protocol"?

I meant the former.  I wasn't involved, but I suspect that DNAME-first
was the intended behavior all along, and nobody thought to mention it.
However, if the group doesn't agree, then I guess I mean the latter.

> In the latter case, you'd still need code to parse responses from
> implementations that don't make assumptions about the order of records.

What I'd like is to be able to send FORMERR with a clear conscience.

--
Evan Hunt -- e...@isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.