> On Mar 21, 2017, at 11:38 PM, Lanlan Pan <abby...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> However, if you know about the geolocation <COUNTRY, PROVINCE, ISP>,  you can
> make a better response, most of time, is the best response too.

Your statement is not matching the operational realities I live in. I
understand how mapping is done in my current environment. I understand how it
is done in many of my peer CDNs. I also understand the tools I would need to
measure better path calculations. Everything is in IP, RIPs, FIBs, AS Patch,
system load, content availability, etc. Knowing that it is in Palo Alto
California is not something useful.

What is needed is the allocated IP block to start the mapping determination.
Then every CDN does their “secret sauce” to delver the best customer
experience. Geographic location is just not one of those factors. ECS delivers
this now.