You might want to talk to large providers that do v6 now.  With only one
exception I can think of, they have no plans to do synthesized v6 rDNS,
and they routinely block port 25 from all their consumer networks.

i'd like to meet your friends. but i'd also like them write an rfc about it.

You've met a lot of them at M3AAWG.  Also see draft-ietf-dnsop-isp-ip6rdns

I hope we are not so foolish as to repeat the NAT fiasco and stick our fingers in our ears becuse the rest of the world doesn't work in a way some of us might prefer.

The reality is that if you want people to accept your v6 mail, your mail hosts need rDNS, and not rDNS that looks like it was autogenerated by kludges like BULK.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY