On Tue, 4 Jul 2017, Dave Lawrence wrote:

While for my own imagined use cases three is adequate, such as for
querying MX, A and AAAA simultaneously, I also don't see any
compelling reason to drop it from his proposed seven.  In my own
scheme I had planned on using a NSEC-like type bitmap, but having
spoken with Ray about this a while ago I know he's not keen on that.

I think the bitmap would be great. Limiting it to some artificial
special record types just causes people to avoid new records and
abuse existing records.

To me the focus on answer size amplification is misdirected.  I am far
more concerned about packet count than packet size, and in any event
constraining this option to only verified channels makes it
immediately less useful.

Yes, reducing packet count and roundtrips is the obvious goal we all
want, but we also want to avoid paying a DDOS price for it.

Paul