On 04/07/2017 20:25, Paul Wouters wrote:

> I think the bitmap would be great. Limiting it to some artificial
> special record types just causes people to avoid new records and
> abuse existing records.

My proposed option just uses the QTYPE number directly, so there's no
limitation on record types except that they can't be for META RRs (i.e.
OPT, and 128 - 255).

My argument against using an NSEC style bitmap was that in the vast
majority of cases it would result in a longer record (and one that's
more complicated to decode) than a simple list of QTYPEs.

Ray