On 12 August 2017 at 23:42, Paul Vixie <p...@redbarn.org> wrote:

> failing that level of commitment, the IETF ought to kill DNSSEC altogether.
>
> this is very similar to the "shall we had IPv6's features to IPv4, since
> V6 is
> taking so long to deploy, and these features are badly needed?" debate.

+1.

If any operator would like to implement SWILD without DNSSEC or NAT44
without IPv6, It's OK. It maybe a good solution in their network for their
custormer. I do know many people and solutions walk around DNSSEC, IPv6
(due to IPsec) and TLS for surveillance issues. But IETF as a worldwide
standard body has its position on the technical path towards a better
Internet.

Davey