Evan Hunt writes:
> Okay. I haven't encountered a resolver that propgates REFUSED from the
> authority to the stub.  If there is such a beast, then IMHO that, not the
> authority, is the one that's mis-using REFUSED; REFUSED only makes sense on
> a hop-by-hop basis.

Very much agree.  I'd be surprised to see REFUSED from a resolver.

Now on the other hand, using extended-error for signalling from a
resolver that the known authorities all returned REFUSED, that's
interesting and can be made unambiguous as a code apart from the
currently proposed extended-error 4, "Prohibited".