No, sir. Closer means downward. Nobody believes otherwise. Not even you, or
Joe. The only person ever to get it wrong was me, and I have recanted. Please
do not write anything that blurs or softens the clear language of
downwards-ness in 1034. If you can't keep the clear spirit and intent of the
existing document then please write nothing at all.