On 26.1.2018 18:00, Jaap Akkerhuis wrote:
>  Petr Špaček writes:
>
>  > <SNIP>
>  >
>  > An example: RFC 4033 clearly states what should be done if result of
>  > validation is "Bogus". Nonetheless, Unbound has "val-permissive-mode:
>  > yes" which enables admin to pass bogus answers.
>  >
> Note that the default setting is "val-permissive-mode: no".  It is
> just a knob for all those people who want to shoot themselves in
> the foot.

Thank you, that's exactly my point. The doc says what is the right thing
to do in vast majority of cases (SERVFAIL for Bogus, NXDOMAIN for
localhost.) and those who know what they are doing will use knobs to do
whatever thay want. As usual.

In other words, please do not delay documents indefinitelly just because
they do not cover all conceivable use-cases. Weird stuff happens on
networks, and that's why we have all the knobs.

--
Petr Špaček  @  CZ.NIC