Hi all,

This draft from 2011 emerged blinking into the sunlight from the grave where it
expired, growling something about KSK rollovers and brains. Dave and I promptly
wrestled it to the ground and locked it in the datatracker where we can safely
poke sticks at it through the reinforced metal bars.

The original draft contained this prescient language:
   The possibility remains, however, that [RFC5011] signalling will not
   be available to a validator: e.g. certain classes of emergency KSK
   rollover may require a compromised KSK to be discarded more quickly
   than [RFC5011] specifies, or a validator might be off-line over the
   whole key-roll event.

   This document provides guidance on how DNSSEC Validators might
   determine an appropriate set of trust anchors to use at start-up, or
   when other mechanisms intended to allow key rollover to be tolerated
   gracefully are not available.
Dave and I imagine this kind of thinking might be relevant and timely. Tim and
Suz have kindly tolerated my increasingly frantic handwaving on this subject
and have offered me some minutes in the dnsop meeting tomorrow, where I intend
to suggest that a specification along these lines is necessary and that the
working group should take this on.

Joe