On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 07:29:50AM +0000,
 tjw ietf <tjw.i...@gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 94 lines which said:

> At the end of Tuesday's session we're having Bert Hubert from Power DNS
> give a talk on what he views "The Camel".

Unlike the popular saying
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_by_committee#Aphorisms>, camels
are extraordinary animals, well adapted to their harsh environment
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camel#Ecological_and_behavioral_adaptations>
and usable for many things, even war
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camel_cavalry>. If the DNS is a camel,
this is great!

> "In past years, DNS has been enhanced with DNSSEC, QName
> Minimization, [...]

I dispute the idea that QNAME minimization is an addition. It is not a
change in the protocol, and it was even possible from the beginning
(Section 5.3.3 of [RFC1034] or Section 7.2 of [RFC1035] do NOT mandate
QNAME maximimization, it is just an accidental evolution).