Davey Song writes:
> To keep the transparency of DOH proxy, the proxy server should use
> the same transport as the proxy client receive queries from
> stub-resolver, transports patterns like UDP-DOH-UDP, and
> TCP-DOH-TCP. So the proxy client should signal the proxy server the
> initial transport recieve from stub-client.

I'm really not digging this as a good use of a media type, especially
when the draft says:

  "If proxy client receives the query via TCP, then it
   will carry a new media type defined in this document "application/
   dns-tcpwireformat" and speak DOH with proxy server with the same
   DNS query without the two-byte length field defined in DNS over
   TCP"

So, dns-tcpwireformat and dns-udpwireformat are byte-for-byte
identical on the wire, and you're just using it as a signal for the
transport you want the DOH Proxy Server to use when talking to a
resolver (if indeed it is talking to separate resolver at all), is
that right?  If a transparent DOH proxy client is talking to a
co-operating DOH proxy server, shouldn't they have a better signaling
mechanism than that?  Is there any other media type that directs a
server on transport issues?

The use case also doesn't really address why it is important to
preserve the stub's udp-vs-tcp choice to its presumptive resolver, but
rather only refers only vaguely to the transparency issue.  It would
be nice to have a clearer statement of what's driving this proposal.