From: DNSOP <dnsop-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Bob Harold
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2018 4:32 PM
To: Mukund Sivaraman <m...@mukund.org>
Cc: IETF DNSOP WG <dnsop@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [DNSOP] New Version Notification for
draft-muks-dnsop-dns-squash-01.txt

On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 6:26 AM, Mukund Sivaraman
<m...@mukund.org<mailto:m...@mukund.org>> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 02, 2018 at 03:20:02AM -0700,
internet-dra...@ietf.org<mailto:internet-dra...@ietf.org> wrote:

> A new version of I-D, draft-muks-dnsop-dns-squash-01.txt
> has been successfully submitted by Mukund Sivaraman and posted to the
> IETF repository.
>
> Name:         draft-muks-dnsop-dns-squash
> Revision:     01
> Title:                DNS squash
> Document date:        2018-04-01
> Group:                Individual Submission
> Pages:                6
> Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-muks-dnsop-dns-squash-01
> Htmlized:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-muks-dnsop-dns-squash
> Diff:
> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-muks-dnsop-dns-squash-01
>
> Abstract:
>    This document attempts to specify current DNS protocol in squashed
>    form in a single document.

You can compare what's in section 3 (Data structure) to what's in RFC
1034 section 3.1. (Name space specifications and terminology).

I'll post revisions weekly. Reviews and participation (preferrably first
in the form of discussion to prepare a list of things to do) are
welcome.

https://github.com/muks/dnssquash/

                Mukund

3. Data Structure

   A DNS name is printed as a concatenation left to right of the

   individual labels on the path from the node to the root, each label

   trailing with an ASCII period '.' character.  Thus a complete printed

   DNS name ends with a period character.
Not exactly.  There is no period after the zero-length root zone.
The last period is actually between the tld and the root zone.
So 'there is a period between each zone' not 'after each zone'
even though it looks like a trailing dot.

--
Bob Harold