On 7/9/2018 2:35 PM, Dick Franks wrote:

On 9 July 2018 at 19:48, Dave Crocker <d...@dcrocker.net <mailto:d...@dcrocker.net>> wrote:
 >8

    Does this cause anyone intolerable heart-burn?  If it does, please
    at least explain but preferably offer something better.

I do not suffer from intolerable heart-burn but happy to offer:

 <t>If a public specification calls for the use of an underscore-prefixed domain name,
the underscored name closest to the root MUST be entered into this registry.

Thanks.  I've added some tweakage to your text:

 <t>If a public specification calls for use of an _underscore-prefixed
   domain node name, the 'global' underscored name -- the name that is
   closest to the DNS root -- MUST be entered into this registry.
   Historically, this is the right-most name that is begins with an
   underscore.</t>

> (Editorial:  The word underscore does not itself need to be
> underscore_prefixed)

It's there as clarification/reminder, in case the reader isn't sure what character is meant. But I'll re-calibrate its use and take out extra ones...

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking