On Tue, 24 Jul 2018, Tim Wicinski wrote:

We discussed this and there appears to be support to adopt this, with
the caveat of adding more content to the section on Operational Considerations.

This starts a Call for Adoption for draft-bortzmeyer-rfc7816bis

The draft is available here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bortzmeyer-rfc7816bis/

I strongly support this effort and would like this work to be adopted by
the WG and will commit to contribute text and reviews.

I would like it if it would update some older core DNS RFCs to ensure
that this method of resolving becomes the preferred and default method
for recursive querying (that is, make this method a SHOULD or MUST)

Paul