On Mon, 30 Jul 2018, Ondřej Surý wrote:
I know some people have 40Gbps at mothers house, but for general usefulness you
want to prevent downloading fake (or otherwise invalid) zone before you start
downloading it.

This feels like what we call in the US moving the goalposts.

How do you know now that an AXFR isn't going to contain a gigabyte of malware, other than hoping that the other end is trustworthy? Personally, I download linux files by bittorrent without worrying about it, even though I am aware that there are copyright trolls who seed "unauthorized" copies of dirty movies and send out mass infringement threats. How you download and how you verify are separate questions.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY