On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 2:56 AM, Alexey Melnikov <aamelni...@fastmail.fm>
wrote:

> Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
> draft-ietf-dnsop-refuse-any-07: No Objection

> introductory paragraph, however.)

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-refuse-any/

> COMMENT:
>
> I generally like this document, but I find it to be too wishy washy
> because of
> use of SHOULDs instead of MUSTs. I would have liked a bit more guidance
> early
> on about different choices or at least a statement that this is a rarely
> used
> feature and thus any choice is reasonably good.
>
> Alexey
you have summarized correctly the translation from the earliest version of
the document to something the WG could agree on.
The choices are dictated by capabilities and implementation approaches,
 i.e. HINFO response can be used for all unsigned zones and DNSSEC signed
zones if the server does online-signing,
the "one RRset" response can be used for all zones but is hard for servers
that fetch RRsets from DB.

--
Ólafur Gudmundsson | Engineering Director
www.cloudflare.com blog.cloudflare.com