Hello.

On 9/12/18 7:57 PM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> One of the things that people said they wanted in 7706bis is more > example
> configurations for different systems.
In Knot-resolver we decided to support an alternative approach:
aggressive caching with a module that keeps the root zone fresh in
cache.  We find such a setup much simpler, as you don't need another
daemon to run and configure.
https://knot-resolver.readthedocs.io/en/stable/modules.html#cache-prefilling

I'm not sure if such approaches are worth of additional mention in
7706bis.  You have
> A different approach to solving the problems discussed in this > document is
> described in [RFC8198]. That RFC does not seem to
explicitly mention similar prefetching workflow to achieve the
additional bonus of "guaranteed" latency and avoiding TLD typo leakage,
but I suppose that might be considered simple enough to be left as an
exercise to the readers.

--Vladimir