Hi Petr

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 12:29:13PM +0200, Petr Špaček wrote:
> Originally I thought that current workarounds for CNAME at apex (which
> are almost everywhere) deal with it in a more deterministic way.

Do you mean the current workarounds in resolver implementations?  These
can be brought into line going forward if there's a draft of expected
behavior.

I was sold when Evan presented the (basic) ANAME idea at a team meeting
at ISC and thought it was a fine idea. Now it seems that relaxing CNAME
to be a fallback would be the most painless and simple path. I
remembered reading something on dnsop@ and got to this thread. Other
ideas would create yet another chapter in the DNS book to implement
which seems excessive for little added benefit.

                Mukund