On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 11:33 PM Spencer Dawkins <
spencerdawkins.i...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
> draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-fix-04: Discuss

> introductory paragraph, however.)

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf-fix/

> DISCUSS:
>
> This is absolutely a "plea for clue Discuss", after which I will
> immediately
> clear because the right thing will happen.
>
> There are three text blocks that follow this form:
>
>    If a public specification that defines use of a "TXT" calls for the
>    use of an underscore-prefixed domain name, the global underscored
>    name -- the one closest to the root -- MUST be entered into this
>    registry, if it is not already registered.
>
> ->Here is a template of suggested text for this to appear in the IANA
> ->Considerations section of the specification:
>
>       "Per" [Attrleaf] "please add the following entry to the DNS
>       Underscore Global Scoped Entry Registry:"
>
> Do you have a really strong sense that this shouldn't be
>
>    If a public specification that defines use of a "TXT" calls for the
>    use of an underscore-prefixed domain name, the global underscored
>    name -- the one closest to the root -- MUST be entered into this
>    registry, if it is not already registered, by adding this text to
>    the IANA Considerations section of the specification:
>
>       "Per" [Attrleaf] "please add the following entry to the DNS
>       Underscore Global Scoped Entry Registry:"
>
> I may be overreacting to "MUST do something like this", which is roughly
> what
> I'm reading into "template of suggested text", and if I am, I'm almost sure
> someone will tell me that ... but I'm not seeing an obvious reason to
> REQUIRE
> one of an unbounded set of flowers to bloom ;-)

Hi,

I just arrived in Amsterdam, and am somewhat bleary, but I'm not sure I
understand your question / point -- is it simply normalizing the IANA
language?

I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in
the first place.
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of
pants.
   ---maf