Am 29.10.18 um 14:49 schrieb Petr Špaček:
> Well, AXFR is not strictly necessary.
>
> E.g. implementation of RFC 7706-like feature in Knot Resolver pulls zone
> file from a HTTPS URL so it can reuse any CDN you like (or not).

Well, good point!

unbound behave similar.

So it would be simply some homework for ICANN to provide the zones in a stable
manner.
I don't know if that's maybe already the case for lax.xfr.dns.icann.org and
iad.xfr.dns.icann.org.

Out job is provide example configurations for knot resolver and unbound
and probably other resolver...

On the long term this could motivate more admins to apply RFC7706
(Decreasing Access Time to Root Servers by Running One on Loopback)

Anyone from ICANN to take that job?

Andreas