Name server vendors have NO CONTROL over when down streams pick up changes.
We would like OS vendors to pick up maintenance release sooner than they do.
It would reduce the amount of time we spend diagnosing already fixed issues.
We spend the time back porting fixes so people can have stable interfaces
and fixed code.  The more maintenance releases installed the better the bang
for buck that work achieves.

> On 31 Oct 2018, at 9:38 am, Dr Eberhard W Lisse <e...@lisse.na> wrote:
>
> Mark,
>
> but would regular rolls not put vendors into a 'habit' of getting
> updates onto their package managers?
>
> el
>
> On 2018-10-30 23:31 , Mark Andrews wrote:
>> Ultra frequent key rolls are not necessary.  It takes years the latest
>> releases of name servers to make it into shipping OS’s.  The last KSK
>> worked so well in part because there was a large amount of time
>> between publishing the new KSK and using the new KSK. This allowed
>> name server vendors to publish releases with the new KSK and for those
>> release to make it into some OS releases.

>>> Yes, I would like to see annual rollovers.  Keep that hinge greased
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> Tony.
>
> --
> Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse          / Obstetrician & Gynaecologist (Saar)
> e...@lisse.na            / *     |   Telephone: +264 81 124 6733 (cell)
> PO Box 8421                  /
> Bachbrecht, Namibia     ;____/

Mark Andrews, ISC