On 04/11/2018 12:53, Patrik Fältström wrote:
On 3 Nov 2018, at 23:32, Måns Nilsson wrote:

_http._tcp.example.org. IN URI  10 20
"https://example-lb-frontend.hosting.namn.se:8090/path/down/in/filestructure/";

We already have this. We need not build a new mechanism.

+1

-1

What are the semantics of this?

- What appears in the user's UI when the URI record completely replaces the site name entered by the user?

- Which domain name is the SSL cert validated against?

- Which domain name appears in the HTTP Host: header?

- What is the HTTP "Origin" of the resultint content,
  and which domain's cookies are accepted / sent?

- What if there's also a URI record for 'example-lb-frontend.hosting.namn.se' ?

- How do I provision a wildcard record for this?

I see absolutely zero chance of the web community embracing this.

Ray