fujiw...@jprs.co.jp <fujiw...@jprs.co.jp> wrote:

> DNS with TCP transport is enough, I think.

Yes, and I think there's a slightly deeper argument here. The DNS is
suffering from relatively poor transport protocol engineering.
Fragmentation and pMTUd woes are one aspect of it; bad tuning of timeouts
is another; and security, and privacy, etc.

Rather than wedging transport features into the DNS, a better strategy is
to use off-the-shelf transport layers, which have much greater investment
in expertise and engineering.

I'm looking forward to QUIC.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
Biscay: Cyclonic becoming southwesterly, 6 to gale 8, occasionally severe gale