Sorry, too late response. I could not understand second paragraph about TSIG.

> From: Mark Andrews <ma...@isc.org>
> Firstly you are insane to recommend dropping PTB’s.  That will break lots of
> things
> including TCP.

Thanks. I agree.

I mainly concerned on IPv4. Dropping IPv4 ICMP "fragmentation needed
and DF set" and IPv6 PTB may cause TCP problem.

Then my proposal changed as follows:

  Authoritative servers should set static EDNS buffsize 1220.
  (and set DF bit in responses on IPv4).

  Full-service resolvers should set static EDNS buffsize 1220
  and should drop fragmented DNS response packets by packet filters.

    IPv4: drop UDP and source port 53, More fragment bit = 1
    IPv6: drop packets that have NextHeader = Fragment,
          fragment offset=0, more fragment = 1, hext header=UDP
          UDP, source port 53

  TCP will work if the end node is under ICMP PTB/need fragment attack
    and path MTU becomes under 300.

> Secondly we could just use a well known TSIG key and have the authoritative
> servers add
> it to their configuration today, especially the root and TLDs servers.  The
> recursive
> servers could also add the key for root and TLD servers they know have
> installed the
> the well known key.  This is easy to test with tools like dig.

Do you mean TSIG protects from second fragmentation attacks ?

Regards,

--
Kazunori Fujiwara, JPRS <fujiw...@jprs.co.jp>