On 11/6/18 6:28 PM, Tony Finch wrote:
But thinking about the discussions from the weekend and yesterday, it
occurs to me that it might make sense to simplify ANAME even further:

   * Make all authoritative processing optional, whether UPDATE style or
     dynamic on-demand.

   * The sibling address records have to be provisioned, to act as fallback
     records for clients/resolvers that don't (yet) do their own ANAME
     processing. (There may be some automated assistance.)

That is indeed what I am aiming at, with the exception that sibling records may be provisioned to act as fallback records (they don't necessarily have to, but the ANAME algorithm may use them if they exist and if resolution of the target address records failed).