This is such a salient point, and always draws me back towards a desire for accompanying questions. They wouldn't directly address exactly the issue handled by ANAME (the addresses of one host corresponding to those of a distinct [probably out-of-bailiwick] name), but might make it moot—or at least tolerable—by tackling more fundamental progress blockers. Support for covering apex A, apex AAAA, and service-specific SRV (especially with target host addresses in the additional section of the response) in a single transaction could absolve many sins.