On 4 Mar 2019, at 18:13, Paul Hoffman wrote:

On Mar 4, 2019, at 8:27 AM, Ray Bellis <r...@isc.org> wrote:
This new draft describes a way for clients and servers to exchange a limited amount of information where the semantics of that information are completely unspecified, and therefore determined by bi-lateral agreement between the client and server operators.

There are known cases where bespoke implementations are using experimental EDNS option values for this purpose, for example for a front-end load-balancer to tell the server whether an incoming connection arrived over TCP or UDP (c.f. my XPF draft).

A goal of this draft is to assign a common EDNS code-point such that popular OSS implementations can support similar features interoperably.

I have read the draft (which is thankfully succinct!) and think it makes good sense. It could be adopted by DNSOP because it directly affects DNS operations.

+1

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk