In article <917068158.3571.1552695623...@appsuite.open-xchange.com> you write:
>infrastructure can often be infected, ill-maintained. or hostile by design.
>Given the extremely high percentage of users who are now on
>the Internet by mobile devices which roam and opportunistically use WiFi,
>ignoring this reality would not make sense.
>>
>Does anyone have data on this "extremely high"?

I think it's a regional thing.  In North America, mobile data remains
very expensive, and we use wifi wherever we can.  There T-Mobile and
Google Fi offer phones that switch to wifi more or less seamlessly.

In the EU, I agree that data is cheap enough and fast enough that so
long as you can get a mobile signal, there's little incentive to use
wifi.

R's,
John